Challenges covered in this chapter
|Allowlist Bypass||Enforce a redirect to a page you are not supposed to redirect to.||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Outdated Allowlist||Let us redirect you to one of our crypto currency addresses which are not promoted any longer.||⭐|
Enforce a redirect to a page you are not supposed to redirect to
This challenge is about redirecting to an entirely disallowed different location.
- You can find several places where redirects happen in the OWASP Juice Shop
- The application will only allow you to redirect to allowlisted (previously referred to as whitelisted) URLs
- Tampering with the redirect mechanism might give you some valuable information about how it works under to hood
White list validation involves defining exactly what is authorized, and by definition, everything else is not authorized.1
Let us redirect you to one of our crypto currency addresses
Some time ago the Juice Shop project accepted donations via Bitcoin, Dash and Ether. It never received any, so these were dropped at some point.
- When removing references to those addresses from the code the developers have been a bit sloppy.
- More particular, they have been sloppy in a way that even the Angular Compiler was not able to clean up after them automatically.
- It is of course not sufficient to just visit any of the crypto currency links directly to solve the challenge.